World Tree Kangaroo Day is celebrated on
every year with the aim to:
Take Action for Tree Kangaroos
There are many ways you can help take action to save Tree Kangaroos on World Tree Kangaroo Day.
Read up on tree kangaroos and conservation efforts by visiting the websites of Conservation Organisations committed to conserving Tree Kangaroos listed below
Tell others about tree kangaroos by celebrating World Tree Kangaroo Day every 21 May. You can raise awareness through talks, fundraising and social media. Be sure to use the Hashtags
#WorldTreeKangarooDay, #TreeKangaroos #SaveTreeKangaroos #SaveRainforests #SavePNGsRainforests
- Donate to a Tree Kangaroo Conservation Organisation.
- Hold a fundraiser at your school, work or home to raise funds to donate to a tree kangaroo conservation organisation. Donations can be done directly through their websites.
- Like and follow Tree Kangaroo Organisations on social Media.
Collectively, many local and global organisations and partners are working together to raise awareness to save and protect tree kangaroos. This includes efforts by the Conservation and Environment Protection Authority (CEPA) supported by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and the efforts of community groups, and conservation organisations, including zoos, to:
- Expand the amount of Protected Areas in Papua New Guinea to conserve tree kangaroo rainforest habitat
- Establish non-hunting moratoriums to reduce the numbers of tree kangaroos killed for bush meat
- Educate and raise awareness with local and global communities on the importance of preserving and protecting tree kangaroos
- Provide the best possible care for displaced tree kangaroos surrendered for medical treatment and long-term care
- Raise funds to support conservation efforts in PNG for tree kangaroos